Friday 13 July 2012

Friday the 13th

A lot of people have always considered Friday the 13th to be unlucky. The reasons for this are many and varied, and the origins of the superstition are unknown, though there is much speculation.

Personally, I've always gone against popular belief and consider Friday the 13th to be one of my luckiest days. Then again, I've always believed that your thoughts create your reality and as I prefer to have a positive reality, I try to make my thoughts positive no matter the chaos happening around me.

Dragonfly had to dress up for work today (she has an awesome job); so she dug out an old pattern, bought some material and set to work sewing her dress. I offered to do her hair, which she (perhaps unwisely), agreed to, giving me permission to do what I wanted with it.


She looks amazingly beautiful, and her hair behaved and my fingers didn't fumble. See why it's my lucky day? I don't know who was more excited, but judging by the way she ended up laughing at me, I think it was me.

Wish I got to dress up for work.





2 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful dress! I wish I had an occasion/excuse to wear something like that :D

    On the topic of Friday 13th, I completely agree with you - think positive, because if you're expecting something bad to happen, chances are you'll convince yourself that something negative *has* happened.

    Nice to hear from you again, Rhapsody! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Skye!

      I know exactly what you mean! I'm already plotting an event where I'll have an excuse to wear something similar. Now I just need to convince her to teach me how to sew it! ;-)

      Hope you're well?

      Delete