Tuesday 7 January 2014

Bout of Books 9.0

I think I'm officially crazy. On top of editing, writing, studying and blogging, I've now decided to add an extra challenge to my timetable: 



Bout of Books 9.0 

What is this challenge I speak of, I hear you ask? Well, dear reader, allow me to elucidate:

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 6th and runs through Sunday, January 12th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 9.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

There you have it. So what am I going to be reading? 




We picked these up at bargain prices last year during our holiday to Dullstroom. There was a lovely little bookshop full of second hand books and a vast supply of fantasy and sci-fi - my favourites. I picked up three complete series... and haven't read a single book. I think last year, in between all the studying and butterflies, I managed to finish three, maybe four books. I know, I know! I'm a terrible example of a bookworm. 

I can't say with any certainty that I'll finish these in a week, with work and writing and the beginning of the year planning for studies going on. But I'm aiming for at least two. Maybe three. 

As I finish each book, I'll post the title, author and total number of pages here. 

Wish me luck. 

Edit: I'm a terrible Bout of Books-er. I didn't read ANY of the books pictured above. Well, I read the first few pages of one. BUT, I did read some other books - downloadable books I found on storycartel.com Here are the details:

Bear Naked: Interior by R.J. Eliason  260 pages.
Curse: Book 1 of the Wexkia Trilogy by Dale Furse  255 pages.
The Spirit of Imagination by S.A. Tawks  132 pages.

I managed to finish all three of the above before the 12th January, but have only managed to get online now to update this post. So even though I still haven't read all the books we bought in Dullstroom, I did manage to read some others. Which is better than none. 

No comments:

Post a Comment