Sunday 8 April 2012

Remember me, I remember you...


Life is a journey. Everyone travels on their paths, sometimes meeting others who travel the same path for a short time before hitting a crossroads where you go your separate ways, the wiser for having known them.

And sometimes, a not so huge rockslide falls, and forces you to take separate paths.

I can’t even remember what caused the fight. Once more it was just something stupid that escalated beyond reason. And this time, beyond reconciliation.

I’ve come to realise that while you don’t necessarily need to travel with people on the same path, sometimes you want to. Being forced to say goodbye, for a reason as silly as a rock on the road that no one wants to move around, is the hardest goodbye there is.

Recently, I’ve had to say that goodbye. It wasn’t something either of us specifically did. It wasn’t something that I can blame on only one of us, and I don’t believe that losing a friend, is something that should be reduced to the pettiness of who was right or wrong.


The fact remains, I no longer have this person in my life. While we may not always have got along, she was still my friend and losing her hurts.

I shared more with Grasshopper in a couple of years, than I’ve shared with people I’ve known my whole life. I’ve loved her with all of me, and I don’t think the pain of losing her friendship will ever truly fade.  

For whatever hurt I caused her; I am truly sorry. For all the lessons, laughter and love we shared, I remain forever grateful. I will never forget her.

Goodbye my friend. Be happy.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry your friendship came to an end. It is never easy even when it's necessary.

    :::hugs:::

    ReplyDelete