Monday 13 February 2012

...How Does Your Garden Grow...


...with trial and error, cursing and swearing, and a lot of waiting impatiently for plants to grow. At least in my case. I have discovered a love of gardening that was instilled in me by my mom, and left dormant for years. Now, like one of the foxglove seeds I planted weeks ago, it has finally started to sprout and I couldn’t be happier.

Today, a really fantastic friend of mine is going to take me shopping. For vegetables. More specifically, vegetable plants. Which will, hopefully, flourish in my garden and provide us with a bounty fit for a queen. There’s only one problem. Only one flowerbed is halfway prepared to receive the plants:

 The rest, look something like this:

 

(Please ignore the blurry shots of the animals. They snuck into the photos without me realising and there will most likely be a post dedicated to them in all their awesome naughtiness in the near future.)

Back to the garden... You see my dilemma? But, it’s all right. I have two unwilling helpers and a ton of energy that’s waiting to be expended on creating a gloriously productive and tasty garden. At the moment, I have unprepared beds. And some pretty hibiscus flowers and giant monsters:




 
Now I leave you with a couple of photos of my scraggly grass (which is a fix-up project for a later date), while I scurry off to start prepping the rather weedy soon to be vegetable patches. 





Scraggly grass? Pfft... I hope I'm never THAT boring! 




No comments:

Post a Comment