Sunday 12 February 2012

Writing Rhapsody


So a lot has happened since I last posted on my other blog, The Owl, the Orphan and the Elf. Chief among that was forgetting my account details including my username. How does that happen, you ask? I won’t bore you with the details; suffice it to say my normally fairly good memory failed me utterly. And my usual common sense deserted me when I created the account and so through a series of inexplicable events, I find myself forced to create a new blog.

Which is not necessarily a bad thing because it brings me back to my previous statement about a lot happening.

Orphan and Elf have moved out. They are now very happy living with a couple of friends of theirs and a family of cats. Elf is studying Business Management through correspondence and Orphan is working full time. Sadly I don’t get to see them as often as I’d like, but we keep in touch online. Needless to say, I am extremely proud of how far they’ve come in a year.

As for me... Life has grabbed me by those barely unfurled wings that used to belong to the owl, and tossed me off the highest cliff it could find while yelling “Fly on your own damn it!” And so, faced with no alternative beyond going Splat! I am flying solo, while the wind tosses me hither and thither and occasionally a bug collides with my eyeball.

What does that rather bizarre metaphor mean? I quit my job, I am not looking for a new one, and thanks to a rather wonderful series of non-coincidences (you don’t really think I believe in coincidences do you?), I am enjoying a journey of self-discovery interspersed with the realisations that I love gardening, DIY and more importantly, getting back to my roots in nature.

In other words; I’m becoming a modern-day hippy and I love it.

This is me; no longer defined by my need to be the provider, but rather me, writing my own glorious Rhapsody and discovering that you do indeed have the ability to create your own reality.

Welcome to mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment